Rediscover Your Roots: Putting the Analysis Back in Behavior Analysis. Part 1: Barriers to Learning
Many behavior analysts are trained on curricula instead of receiving training on how to use behavior analytic research to analyze learner behavior. This is a skill set that one must possess to be an effective behavior analyst. While no one checklist, training, or curriculum can teach this skill in its entirety, the purpose of this webinar is to provide behavior analysts training on identifying common barriers to learning and addressing them using the science of behavior analysis.
Learning Objectives. Participants will be able to:
- Identify poor learner performance,
- Explain why it is important to address poor learner performance
- Determine if a faulty behavior chain exists and explain how to address it
- Teach learners to overcome common skill deficits that interfere with learner performance
- Address common challenging behaviors that interfere with learner performance